Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hot Pads

During my move, I managed to lose at least one of my hot pads, and the others that I have are kind of grungy. So I decided to make some new ones! These were really quick and easy to make (which is pretty much the only type of project I can handle right now) and I really like the colors. I just used fabric and batting, so they won't protect against anything really, really hot, but they're good enough to take stuff out of the oven. Which is all I need anyway.

Here are the front sides:


And the back:


I originally thought I'd like the pink and blue one better. But I ended up liking the orange one even more - it's just so bright and cheery in my kitchen.

I also don't know why the colors are so different in each photo! The first one is much more realistic. I'm going to have to take a look at what's going on with my camera settings.

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty and cheery. Glad you have at least a little time to do things for yourself.

    ReplyDelete