Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby girl blanket in progress

I started working on the baby girl blanket this week. Here are my first two blocks put together (Big Kitty wanted to be in the photo too):
Then I used the same method I did for the patriotic blanket. I cut each one into fourths, but this time I'm more organized. I keep half of each block together, but switch two pieces out with the other color. And reversed. So it looks like this, with each one half blue and half pink:
I'll have two more pairs, blue and yellow, and pink and yellow. Each individual block with have zoo animals in the upper left corner and flowers in the lower right, just in different colors. And instead of putting everything together, I'll have solid color sashing in between so it's not as busy. I put them up against grey and purple, and I think I like the purple best. The colors are a little different in person, but it will look something like this:
I might decide to go back to the grey if the yellow doesn't work as well. But I really like it with the pink and blue blocks. Only two more pairs to go!

1 comment: