Sunday, March 27, 2011

New project

Well, here's what I made with the new colors of fabric I got. I tried making what's called a "mug rug", which is bigger than a coaster and smaller than a placemat, something the right size for a coffee mug. I wanted to do a sunset on one side and a sunrise on the other, so one side can be used for morning, and one side can be used in the evening. I think I'm going to try this again later on. I liked how part of it came out, but there are parts I didn't like - especially how the binding came together on the sunrise side (which was the back side when I was working). But I learned a lot, which was the whole point. And at least you can probably tell that they're palm trees, even if they didn't turn out the way I had hoped. So here's how it came out:







1 comment: