Saturday, March 19, 2011

Color Advice



I didn't do much work on the blanket today, I was checking over thesis data to help a friend who's finishing up her master's right now. But I did start planning the baby girl blanket I'm hoping to work on next. I found these really cute fabrics online, called Central Park, and I bought a pack of the squares for $8.50. It was nice because I'm able to get different fabrics that are color coordinated without having to pay for a whole bunch of individual yards. So I'm planning on doing something similar to the patriotic blanket, but much more organized and with plain solid colors in-between the larger squares so it won't look as busy or as random. I separated out the squares into different color groups, and will be keeping colors together in the larger squares. The colors I like for the blanket are the pink, blue, and yellow squares, although there are some that are light green and orange that I'm not using here. Maybe for some fabric Easter eggs? But anyway, my question is, what color should I use between the blocks? I like the idea of white, but not for a household with a baby and a toddler. Too easy to get dirty. Maybe light gray? I like how light gray looks with blue and pink. Let me know if you have any ideas! Here are the colors that will be in the blanket. The back will be more of the top middle square in the blue block - the one with little blue and purple flowers.

5 comments:

  1. I like the grey, but a coordinating yellow could work for baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the grey also as well as Rich's suggestion of yellow. My only other thought was purple, picking up the purple flower that will be on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the idea of yellow, but there will also be yellow in the blanket and I'm worried it won't stand out if I add more yellow. Do you think dark or light purple would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like the light purple but I think either would work. The dark purple would stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you want the purple to be too light. Medium to dark is better.

    ReplyDelete