Friday, March 18, 2011

Uh-oh


This morning, I found a rip in one of the fabrics. A kitty claw-sized rip. More specifically, a Little Kitty claw-sized rip. This matches other holes/rips around my apartment done by Little Kitty - in my sheets, the shower curtain, even a pair of my pants (done while I was wearing them). He's much more destructive than Big Kitty was. Well, maybe not, just destructive in different ways. Anyway, it's too late to swap out this fabric with another one, so I think I'm going to hand-sew it closed so it doesn't rip more, and I'm grateful that he did it on one of the white pieces so the white batting doesn't show through too much. I'm also glad this blanket is going to a household with cats, so they'll understand, and it probably will have other claw marks in its future anyway. If it was for anyone else, I'd be more worried about it. It's hard to see unless you're really trying to look for it, and even then it was hard for me to find again to take a picture of it, so I don't think it will be too awful. But it's just one more thing to worry about in the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment